Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Target Play Vision - Hi Viz Bristle Dartboard

When I decided to retire my Winmau Pro SFB Dartboard, I first wanted a Winmau Blade 4 due to its many good reviews and my experience with a Winmau dartboard. I couldn't find one and opted for a Target Play Vision - Hi Viz Bristle Dartboard instead. I considered a Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard as well but couldn't find one with very good painted segments.

The first thing I noticed about the Target Play Vision dartboard was that the normally cream-colored sectors are white! The wires were a lot slimmer than that of the Pro SFB. The green and red colors were bright. Instead of metal clips that support the Pro SFB to the wall, the Play Vision has rubber pegs instead. When I installed the Play Vision and hit my first few darts, the sisal seemed to be compact enough for my liking, without being too hard. At first, I was bothered by the holes left by the darts, but after days of playing, the holes became less noticeable. The biggest joy I had by getting this board was virtually no bounceouts. It took some days of playing before I had one.

My only concern was the sound that the darts created when they hit the board, as the board vibrated with the rubber pegs. Maybe I had installed it incorrectly, but no matter how much I tweaked the setup, the vibrating sound didn't stop. What I did to eliminate the sound was to place a piece of cloth between the pegs and the wall (which was actually my front door) and that did the trick. Afterwards, I loved the 'plunking' sound that the darts created when they hit the Play Vision.

My verdict is that Target made a pretty solid dartboard and an interesting one with white sectors. For its price and quality, I would still buy another one.

Here are some photos of my Target Play Vision - Hi Viz Dartboard using my camera phone:

2012-04-09 18.20.51

2012-04-09 18.21.04

2012-04-09 18.21.34

2012-04-09 18.21.46

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment